Advantages of Aluminium Die Casting
- Die casting is economical process offering a wide range of shapes of components than any other manufacturing technique.
- Die casted parts have long service life and can be manufactured to complement the visual appeal of the final product. Designs can benefit by utilizing die cast parts.
- Die casting deliver complex shapes and high dimensional accuracy and stability than many other mass production processes. Some machining may be required depending on the design
- Die cast parts are stronger than plastic injection moldings having the same dimensions. Thin wall castings are stronger and lighter than those possible with other casting methods.
- Die cast parts can be produced with smooth or textured surfaces, and they can be easily finished with a minimum of surface preparation.
- Die castings can provide integral fastening elements as part of the design. For many parts, post-machining can be totally eliminated, or very light machining may be required to bring dimensions to size